Pizza is loved by everyone all over the world. The best part is that you can make it the way you like from choosing the desired toppings to getting your favourite crust. Pizza in Cape May is made with such perfection that its incredible taste makes everyone drool over pizza every day.
The most important part of pizza is the sauce. The pizza experts are passionate that they combine different ingredients and make the pizza sauce which is never tasted before. Let’s understand some of the professional tips to make pizza sauce with perfection.
Tomato sauce is the most basic one for pizza bases and you cannot be wrong with this choice. Pizza heaven makes the fresh and rich tomato sauce. One of its secret ingredients is baking soda which reduces the assertive acidity and gives a perfect taste to the pizza sauce. Some of the basic ingredients in this pizza sauce are:
- 28-ounce can (794g) diced, whole, or crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion peeled and quartered (142g to 198g)
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut in pats (71g)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make tomato sauce?
- Combine the onion, butter, salt, tomato, and sugar in the saucepan. Let the mixture simmer for 45 to 60 minutes on slow flame. Let the onion get soft and the sauce gets thicker to some level.
- Remove the sauce and keep it in a food processor. Add baking soda in it and stir it till the sauce is lighter in color. After that, add baking soda and sugar into it.
Pink vodka sauce
This option is popular and simple to make these days. In this option, heavy cream and vodka are added to the above tomato sauce. This pizza sauce is perfect and it can go perfect with all the toppings. If you are planning to go on a date then you should buy the pizza with this sauce. All you need is just a few simple ingredients:
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce (113g)
- 2 teaspoons unflavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (28g)
You can easily adjust the pizza sauce according to your liking. In just one part of heavy cream, you need to add 4 parts of tomato sauce. Also, add vodka to make them taste better.
Pesto pizza sauce
Pesto pizza sauce is easier to make and it is simple. The aromatic herb is going to make its taste better. This is like a traditional version of pizza sauce and its green color makes it loved by everyone. Here are some of the ingredients you need:
- 1 cup of fresh basil or parsley leaves, firmly packed (about 30g)
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pine nuts (28g)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (28g)
- 1 or 2 large peeled garlic cloves according to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (25g)
- Pinch of salt